February 3, 2017

A Quick Recall

On the eighth day of September in the year Nineteen ninety,
you were holding me with both hands,
close to your chest, your heart.
You were there.

When I started to know that life is
all about going to school everyday
and spending weekends with family and friends.
You were there.

When papa went to another place,
you were there - trying to hold us
in place altogether.

Then you decided to go with him.
That was not a short notice,
we knew you would want to go
as well.

When all things have gone down,
I'd like to think that you were still there.

Now, I am standing on my own;
paying my own bills, cooking my own meals,
preparing for the next day...
I wish you were here.

To see me how I have become.
I don't know what you would think of me
but I'd like to think that you are proud.

Thanks, mama! For raising us well.
I know you're happy in heaven
with papa whom we miss dearly
as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...