May 6, 2016

The Friday Currently Vol. 4

My view at the gym - in Al Barsha 1, Dubai

Reading - I am starting to read 1984 by George Orwell. I am just a few pages in and so far it's interesting. Scary how some things in the book are somehow happening now or has happened before. 

Writing - This blog entry. It's been a while that I have not written anything except work e-mails. So I am really looking forward to update my blog with my Friday happenings... ;p

Listening - The Everly Brothers -- because I miss listening to old music! Back in the Philippines, we would play old music at home so loud all day. That's how some weekends should be! :p

Celebrating - my brother's birthday? Well, He is in Brunei right now and he is in fact working! So I just bought some nice Madeleines and a cup of coffee to celebrate life! 

Thinking - about planting again but how would I do this? There's no way for me to do gardening here. So I am wondering, when will I ever have my own garden again? Missing the home so much!

Smelling - Madeleine and coffee~

Feeling - a bit tired. I went to the gym this morning and made rounds in Carrefour. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Debie, it's nice to see glimpses of Dubai through your posts. When we were there, we managed to start gardening. Nothing grows from June to August but seeding can start around September -October in preparation for Nov Dec when they start to bloom under perfect weather conditions. I started with container planting. If there was one thing I missed to do, it was to visit Greenheart Farm along Al Ain Road. They supply organic vegetables all year round in the UAE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Arni! How are you? I wish I could find a spot for just a pot or two but I don't have a balcony for that so the sun can shine under them. It's impossible. I wish I could just live in a villa and grow plants all around the vicinity! The very first garden I've been to is the one at my colleague's place. (I have never been to Miracle Garden, can you believe that?! ;p) Anyway, thanks for letting me know about this farm in Al Ain road. I would visit it one of these days when we go for a road trip soon once Summer is over.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...