April 15, 2016

Ice Breaker #9: When you were a kid, how did you creatively avoid the food you hated?

Homemade salad -- a semi-regular lunch at work

I did not do any creative ways to avoid the food -- or part of a recipe -- that I hated when I was a kid. I had my freedom of choice which is probably the reason of my lack of creativity with regards to this. Maybe I am lucky enough that my mother and father nor anyone in the family forced me to eat something nasty -- like vegetables. As far as I can remember, I just put those nasty things (aka too healthy things!) on the side and continue my journey to eating and be glad about it. Every one would ask me why I'm not eating the okra or tomatoes or onions or eggplant or the black meat of a tuna and I would instantly say graciously the reason why -- it's because it does not feel good in my mouth. And they would say, it's healthy and blah blah blah. I did not have to struggle from eating something I don't like. I was not the kind of kid who would whine about the same food. My family would give me food and I would eat it. I was not a picky kid nor a snob because I knew that any kind of food served in the table is a blessing.... there are just some things that does not feel good for me back then. For a kid, I think it is natural somehow. ;)

But after how many years... I finally learned to love eating the good stuff. I eat okra, tomatoes, onions, eggplant, and black meat (depends on how it is cooked). However there are things that I still don't eat like balut, liver, and those exotic ones. It seems like the older I get, the more aware I am with the healthy food I eat. And I think it's a good thing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...