November 8, 2015

Jebel Hafeet

For a girl who grew up in a city surrounded by mountains, I was excited to visit and see Jebel Hafeet. It's located in Al Ain, Abu Dhabi. 


I especially enjoyed seeing a different view on the road: the trees, mountains, less cars -- something that I am used to see back in my home country (in my city, at least!).



From the top, the view was spectacular. Looking down, the cars on the man-made road reminds me of those little Tamiya toy cars I used to play when I was a kid.


"The mountain rises 1,249 metres (4,098 ft) and offers an impressive view over the city. Jebel Hafeet was a well-known landmark throughout the area's history and is a contemporary tourist attraction. An extensive natural cave system winds through Jabal Hafeet." 






The whole area is fenced but there's a path where you can go towards the top. I would go if I could. Maybe if I have the chance to visit it again, I would wear appropriate foot wear.  There were gazebos and canteens for everyone. The weather was perfect as well.




This mighty mountain is built to see the beauty of the vast desert from above. I feel lucky to experience that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...