February 8, 2015

A Tiny 'Hello' From The Mid East

 


Hello!

I am here to write a little about my life recently -- not the entirety of it, just a glimpse -- my life in the UAE. You see, I've never written anything since I moved out of the Philippines on December 26th, 2014. I may have written some things in advance until February though because I had a writing spree before I left my nest for ten years. Crazy. Crazy because I don't know if I am sane enough to write nice things because, honestly, there are a couple of not-so-nice things which I should have known even before I moved out. Life here is the opposite from what I am used to. Maybe it isn't the right time to write about the particular things yet.

I am happy though because I have the opportunity to wander around a new place which I hope would lead me somewhere even more crazier. I want to grow up. I want to be independent; to be responsible about my self, my bills, my food, my decisions and stuff~ I have no artsy things to do and share for now. I have a book waiting to be read but I couldn't find time therefore I have no book reports to write about for now. I have no recipes to make and to share for now. No postcards and letters for now. I have no other interesting things to write for now. I can just write words and show some tourist photographs though for now.

But these things will change... for sure. I can't wait to be stable and do the things I used to do and discover new hobbies to write about. I can't wait to write about the nice things.And a couple of not-so-nice things as well. I am glad for this big change. It made me cry a lot of times to leave home but life should be in a constant change so I embrace this opportunity wholly. 

After a month, I could say that I am still in the state of comparing things between home and here. This place is always awake and days pass by so quickly. I am trying to run along with the city's speed and I guess I am almost there. 

Almost.

4 comments:

  1. So amazing that you moved to a new country! Wishing you all the best and can't wait to read more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you and it will definitely be a fun ride. Enjoy every minute of it. What got me through were patience, patience and patience and yes, just keep moving forward and adjust the sails whenever needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Arni! I am taking that from someone who has lived here for a long time! Yes to patience! Thank you for these words. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...