Palitaw is a sweet rice cake Filipino treat. It's super easy to make and probably one of the best simple things in life. Hah. It was my first time to make these with the aid of my sister.
Here are the ingredients we used:
1 cup of Malagkit rice / Glutinous Rice (rice flour)
1/2 kilo white/brown sugar
1/2 cup water
Grated coconut mean (fresh!)
1. To make a dough, combine the rice flour and water.
2. Using an ice cream scoop or a spoon, take a part from the dough, roll it into a ball and flatten it.
3. Take a pot and fill it with water, bring it into a boil and poach your flattened dough into it. Poach 5 doughs at a time or depends on how big your pot is.
4. It takes about a minutes or so for each dough to cook. Once the dough floats, it usually is a sign that it is cooked.
5. Once cooked, put it into a plate to dry. You can use banana leaf cuts as a plate if you have any.
6. Serve your palitaws with a sprinkle of sugar and grated coconut meat.
You can also toast some sesame seeds if you have any and sprinkle them into your palitaws.