November 18, 2014

Chicken Caldereta recipe


Chicken Caldereta recipe

Another meal I cooked for the family of three (me, my sister, and her husband). My sister helped me how to make this! I just made myself the best Caldereta evuuuur because it's less oily than how it is usually prepared. That's probably because I fried the chicken first and not cooked the raw together with the vegetables. I know this blog somehow turned like a recipe blog of some sort but I couldn't really sit down and spend time writing the things I used to write about --which probably is the reason why I am not sane at times. I'll get back to writing once all these things are sorted out.

Ingredients you need:
Chicken cutlets
Canola oil
Red onions, sliced
Cloves of garlic, sliced
Potatoes, diced
Carrots, sliced
Green beans
Tomato sauce
Salt and white pepper
Some REAL pineapple juice
A little diced cheddar cheese

This is how I cooked it (it may differ from the way it is usually cooked, because yolo haha):
1. Boil your chicken in a pot with water for 15 minutes. Fry the chicken in a pan. Set aside.
2. In a new pan, heat up some Canola oil. In medium heat, saute onion and garlic. Once the onion becomes translucent, put the potatoes, carrots, and green beans. Cook until slightly tender.
3. Put the tomato sauce and fried chicken into the pan. Add salt and white pepper to taste. Let it simmer in low heat for 5 minutes.
4. Pour some pineapple juice and sliced cheddar cheese for fun!
5. Let it simmer again for 5 minutes. Serve.


There you go. That's a totally different kind of Chicken Caldereta meal but we enjoyed it! Best served with rice, of course!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It tastes as good as how it looks! Haha :p

      Delete
  2. That looks seriously good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...