September 23, 2014

If we keep going back, I guess we're never getting anywhere.



Do you ever think of the years that has passed? I do. In fact, for the past days, I've been pretty much drowned in my old memories. It's all I ever think of. They make me smile and wish I'm still in every moment. Then there are those really bad moments that I wish I did not do at all. But what can I do? They are forever instilled in my memory. Unless, of course, I get amnesia...

Anyway, I've been reading some online stuff a lot lately and here's something that struck me the most. 
“I will not hold the past against myself.” – Your problems, your weaknesses, setbacks, regrets and mistakes teach you if you’re willing to learn, or they will punish you if you’re not.   So let them teach you, every day.  Take everything as a lesson learned.  If you regret some of the decisions you have made in the past, stop being so hard on yourself.  At that time, you did your best with the knowledge you had.  At that time, you did your best with the experience you had.  Your decisions were made with a younger mind.  If you were to make these decisions with the wisdom you have today, you would choose differently.  So give yourself a break.  Time and experience has a wonderful way of helping us grow and learn to make better choices today, for ourselves and those we care for. -- Marc and Angel
I agree about dwelling with regrets. They just become regrets weeks, months, or years after we decided to do them. In the present time, they probably were the best decisions to make or at least. But after a while, when we think about each moments in our lives, each decisions we made, we can't help but point out the "regrets" which definitely makes us feel bad about ourselves. Most of the time, when I'm in that situation, I honestly feel so bad that I get depressed and feel like I'm such bad at life. But if you really think about it, there is no point dwelling on it at all... the point is, we know what we have done. The "best decision" as of the moment could become something we'll regret years after. We will never really know. That's probably how life goes... We make the best decision not knowing how it would seem five years from now, you might regret it later but there is no point on going back to it because if we keep going back, I guess we're never getting anywhere.

4 comments:

  1. I agree, you cannot drive a car while constantly looking in the rear view mirror... What matters most is the present moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We both sound like we're incredibly hard on ourselves - but I like to think that keeps us striving for better and more. It's important to keep focusing on moving forward and also recognize the progress we've made. Keep on fighting the good fight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It's a plus factor to know you're not on the right path because that means you're allowing yourself to get away from it and move onward.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...