March 2, 2014

Ube jam recipe


A few months ago, while at the night market, my sister decided to buy some Ube (or Purple Yam) and make Ube jam. Without knowing how to properly make it, I volunteered to work it in the kitchen with some ideas in mind.


What I did was: peel the skin, grate them to small pieces as much as possible so it will be easier and faster to melt, put them in a hot pan, add a can of condensed milk (depends on how much ube you have), and keep stirring until it has a jam-like texture. I even added some pinch of salt for taste. It actually turned out great~ as what everyone at home said so.


Here's my scoop of Ube jam (and my failure attempt at making it less boring, lol). :D

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Ube, not sure it exists in Europe. I'd be curious to know what it tastes like... It has an interesting colour!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...