March 22, 2014

Missed Connection: Miss V


This is one of the photos I have taken during the semester wherein I encountered the coolest professor I've had!

I seldom enjoyed my classes back in college but it's probably because of lack of motivation (though that does not mean I was a full-time lazy student). However there is one class I remember enjoying even if it made me do a lot of reading and writing essays out of the movies or readings discussed. It's one of the four Philosophy classes I've taken. It's not even the last Philosophy class I've had but second to the last. It was my Philosophy of Morality class under Miss V. (P.S. I enjoyed all of my Philosophy classes!)

And probably I did not only enjoy it, I even like how cool Miss V was. She was a favorite. The coolest professor I've ever had. It isn't even a major subject but it was one of the few that I like remembering. It's probably because I was feeling independent back then, I practiced myself being alone at the university. Not too dependent with others. In other words, I basked myself with books, doing projects mostly by myself, talking to some people but not for too long, making lists of side projects, and tried cooking seriously, etc. Miss V, aside from being so intellectual, became an instant role model to me. 

Her aura was remarkable. I don't know how to explain it. She's intelligent and it's definitely just one of the many reasons why I like her. When I remember her, I remember to be serious, responsible and empowered. She has a strong personality that speaks to me silently. It was two years ago when I had that class but until now, I am still trying to figure out what it is exactly that I want to be out of her influence to me. I know there is something.

I will always remember the time when she took a book I just borrowed from the library just before the class started. She read it and asked why do I read such book: Franny and Zooey, and I answered: I just want to. She just stared and smiled at me. At that moment, I knew she wanted to say something but probably didn't continue to converse because she does not want to spoil me about the book. The book, by the way, was a really good one. Not just a good one, it was a book one ought to read and think about life in general. It's a favorite book and I want to tackle that book to one of my favorite professors if given the chance.

2 comments:

  1. Nice memories. I also loved philosophy classes but I didn't have such charismatic teachers...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...