February 1, 2014

Making decisions, taking risks, and achieving goals


It had been a cold January month and these little pockets of green tea had been my partners during cold nights. They kept me warm somehow before calling it a day. Anyway, January was all about making decisions, taking risks, and achieving goals. It mainly revolved around something that is basically new to me which is kind of exciting and nervous at the same time. January settled me temporarily stable and so in the upcoming months it is going to be more about making decisions if ever I make the training right in which I am hoping that I am. In case I fail, I'll walk on another path. But I won't let that happen to me. No.

Now, it is the second month of the year and yet my mind wanders off around the future months more than now. Thinking about the risks that I may encounter and what should I do if they happen right in front of my face. Yes, I think too much but I can't help it. I am scared and brave at the same time if you know how that feels. My mind wanders off but it takes a u-turn towards the present time and think more carefully and think what really matters as of the moment.

Along with making decisions and taking risks, the dreamer in me has a list of goals. I mean, big goals. I am taking baby steps in achieving them. It is not much, I know, but at least there is progress. A progress that, although discreet, still matters.

The month that has passed was not an easy one but it was glorious. As glorious as having a cup of tea to keep you sane on a cold and windy night. Be still, dream big, move forward, slowly and firmly.

2 comments:

  1. I think that it's important to think about risks but not dwell on them, focus on the opportunities instead and make sure that you don't miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am scared and brave at the same time if you know how that feels... I do. you'll be fine xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...