February 17, 2014

2014: Northern Mindanao Road Trip (Third Day)

  

I woke up early on the third day of our vacation and decided to walk around the neighborhood. Everyone was still sleeping at 5 in the morning, so I went outside and bravely walked around the place for an hour. I was brave enough to walk outside the subdivision going to the rotonda where some people stayed at and did some exercises. If only I brought with me some sneakers and jogging pants, I would have jogged around the area as well. Going back was kind of scary which taught me to never walk alone in a new place! I would never have encountered (kind of) angry dogs in some alleys if only I took the same route. Good thing they didn't bite me! Rawr!

 

  

Right after breakfast, we went to Divine Mercy Shrine Hills which is approximately 30  kilometers from Cagayan de Oro. It was my second time to visit it. Along the road going to that place, we stopped over a sea-side restaurant parking lot and took picturessssss.







Everyone who plans to visit the Holy place is required to dress appropriately. As for the girls, they should wear long skirts but if you don't have any you can rent some skirts outside.


It was our first time to walk towards the Heart of Jesus. No photos, no talking, no looking over the walls. From the first step towards the sacred place, you should take that advantage to start praying. It was quite an experience.






We went to the mall afterwards to buy some necessities and other things. Then went straight at home and had dinner with the rest of Ate Anna's family!  Third day was a good day! :)

2 comments:

  1. The Jesus statue looks so impressive! Just wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come and visit it!! Haha :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...