2.19.2014

2014: Northern Mindanao (CARAGA Region & Southern Mindanao) Road Trip (Fifth Day)


 

Fifth day!


Bound to Davao!


This was our route. As you can see, we traveled more (or less) 346 kilometers.


We surely did a lot of stop overs just because! :D


Butuan City!


Nasipit. My siblings said they've been there before when our parents were still alive. They rode a ship from there to Bohol every time they visit my father's place. I am not sure if this is the place where my mother brought me when we rode a ship going to Bohol. It probably is. I was too young to remember but whether it is or not I can somehow remember some images and the feelings it bring everytime I look back to those early years.


We bought some bread at a local bakeshop in Nasipit, Agusan del Norte. This pack of sugar-coated peanuts is made from there.


Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur!


A young rice farmer at Bayugan City. We had a chitchat with some of them. They're all happy folks! :D



Kuya Mel experienced planting rice in his younger years in his hometown. He demonstrated how it's done.





We always took a stop over at every Municipal Hall we pass by and, of course, take picturesss.


Municipality of Carmen!



Another version of "skylab"! It's more fun in the Philippines! :P


Ooops!


I can't remember where is this but I am sure that this was the second to the last stop we had.

 

Our last stop was in Tagum City where we had dinner at the famous night market! (P.S. we just had bread, chips, banana cue, coke, water for lunch along the road) One (or two?) street is dedicated only for the night market where there are different stalls of different kinds of barbecue, sea foods, and others. It was so festive! After dinner, we walked around the place and rode back home to Davao City. We got home around 9 PM. It was a long ride but it was fun. I am very thankful for the chance to travel with these people. The people who are with me in that picture are mostly the people who have given me strength through the years. So I am very happy to spend time and travel with them. Anyway, it was a happy vacation. A good one! :)

1 comment:

  1. Great that you had a good time with nice people! Thanks for taking me on this trip; you got to see so many different places, it looked like an exciting adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...