November 20, 2013

To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee


I am in love with the characters. The story is very moving, insightful, something I can relate to, surprising and fun. Among other lessons I learned from this book, it taught me to be reasonable and fair to any situation. The characters of Jem, Dill and Jean Louise were very relatable as I have somehow been like them at some point in my childhood days. While reading, I feel like I am already part of their journey. Atticus' character definitely inspired me to be the kind of adult that is reasonable and smart enough to handle any kind of situation. I do not intend to be exactly like him but the way his character moves, it taught me to focus on what really matters. It may seem vague for now but I think I would somehow, if not fully, understand more as I grow older.

Surprisingly, the issues raised in the story is present up to now. Racism, government issues, among others are present. This book may open your mind to these kind of situations... it helps you think deeply on the issues.

I like how the characters develop as the story progresses. The way the story moves just drives the characters, especially the kids, to mature as well.

This book is definitely a must-read for everyone.

4 comments:

  1. oh i read it for the first time when i was in junior high and i'm completely in love. this book is brilliant. every character makes me fall in love. and the Finch family is like no other, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so fascinated by the Finch Family. :)

      Delete
  2. oh, can you believe that I still haven't read it. and it's been recommended to me a million times. I go and at least add it to my Amazon wishlist for now... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...