November 5, 2013

In which I write to remember about my first tomato plant.

I am writing about my tomato plant that never reached its final bloom or maybe it did and it was short. Too short that I only got about 6 tomatoes from it. No bitter feelings. I am just so dumb to continue growing it in a small pot. Just because I am too lazy to purchase bigger pots. I am writing to remember the times I wished it would get some flowers, to bear fruits, and learn the basic stuff about gardening (from pots to kinds of fertilizers such as the amount of N, P, and K appropriate for such plant, etc.) I am writing so I would remember that once in my life, I was able to grow a tomato plant in a two-gallon pot which is funny and stupid and amazing at the same time. Ha!







They were juicy. The best kind of cherry tomatoes I ever had. I am writing because tomorrow I will be starting to make tomato seedlings again. This time I will use a bigger pot, a much bigger one. Let's see how many fruits I can get.

6 comments:

  1. We've just had our first tomato crop this year :) those photos make me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kind of tomatoes are they? :) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. How cute they look! So cool that you grow them yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the last four ones are too small! Haha :)

      Delete
  3. homegrown tomatoes are soo good. I missed our harvest this year. half our garden back in London is dedicated to growing tomatoes. yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great, Petra! I miss harvesting lots and lots of tomatoes! My brother planted it years back. I tried to do like what he did but I don't think I have a "green thumb" but I'm still trying.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...