October 30, 2013

In which I write about tea & coffee, my life as of now, and a really good book.


Thank goodness for green tea. I have not been drinking coffee lately simply because I want to stop and it does not do me good like how it used to give me energy(!) three or four years ago. My throat kind of feel acidic every after I drink a cup. Now, even if my body seeks for it, I always try to divert my thoughts to something else (e.g. cranberry juice, lemons, teas, Nutella? hehe) it is so difficult to stop, I tell you. I guess it helps when you read about the disadvantages of coffee and how it will affect your health. Considering the symptoms I had like when I lay in bed, I hear air (?) or something in my chest going up towards my throat. I have not felt it now though since I stopped drinking coffee. So I guess it is because of it. Also because I am a heavy drinker. I drink two to three cups straight a day. I am sorry coffee lovers, I am once like you but now I just had to stop because I am feeling some weird things inside me whenever I drink coffee. One of which is it makes me sleepy nowadays. Also, I guess having flu helps. Of course, you don't drink coffee when you are sick because it dehydrates your body. So that, too, helped me in my campaign. Hehe. Although I drank half a cup two days ago but it was mainly because the weather was so cold I just had to drink coffee and because I kind of miss it. It does not hurt to drink half a cup but now I am surprised that I don't crave for it much like the first two weeks of not drinking it. Not to mention the headache I went through. It was all worth the sacrifice.

Anyway, how is life treating you? Like what I have said, I am sick. I am still sick but not much now. Notice that I have not been writing a lot but that is mainly because I don't have the urge to write and also there are too many things to do here. I am too preoccupied with other things and that is good, I guess. Although it does make me feel sad and lonely at times. Needless to say, being a grown-up is not so easy. I hate it but I do like it at times as well. Nothing much has been going on with me except for some sickness. I guess the fourth quarter of this year is on the low side for me.


When was the last time I felt comfort? I can't remember much. I guess it comes in the package of being a grown-up. Responsibilities, guys... I have a lot of that. Wishful thinking of a much better life, it does somehow stress me out. Emotional days, too many! Anyway, how can I make this writing kind of cheerful somehow? Well, I finished reading The Hobbit! And it was awesome. It is more than excellent. I can't wait to watch the film then read LOTR. Although I have watched the LOTR movies, I still want to go into details because I have fallen in love with Tolkien's work! I like the progress of Bilbo's character and I am just so in love with the story. I guess I can re-read it once I am out of books to read and I can carry it anywhere with me just because. :)

This cup of tea is kind of weird. I guess I put too much honey in it. Still good though because honey somehow cures my itchy throat. I think I need another cup. Bye for now~

10 comments:

  1. ha, I stopped drinking coffee at the beginning of the year. and it was a great decision. it totally changed my eating habits. I used to have coffee for breakfast. nothing else. often up until well after lunchtime. now that I drink tea in the morning I can actually eat and ever since my energy levels have been more stable.

    that said, I still love coffee. I have two or three a week. usually when I meet friend or read in a cafe. I think I actually like it more now that it's not an every-day affair anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I am aiming for. To not stop drinking but don't have it as a habit. For now, I am just cutting off the habit. It seems working fine. The last time I drank a cup of coffee (was two days ago), I didn't even finish the whole cup. Thanks for sharing your affair with coffee, Petra! It counts as an inspiration, really. :)

      Delete
  2. I can't stop drinking coffee... but as long as I managed to keep it at 1-2 cups a day, it's not too bad I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to know you can manage your coffee intakes. Back then my maximum cup of coffee a day is three (or four depends on the weather).

      Delete
  3. Hey Debbie, you sure do love your tea ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, I can drink it everyday without worrying! ;)

      Delete
  4. Hi Debie :) I have recently begun to drink tea more regularly and I am really enjoying it. I'm not sure why I so rarely used to drink it but I hardly ever used to choose a cuppa.

    But I will still be enjoying my coffee too! For now, it remains to be my favourite drink but maybe with time that will be replaced by tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing is wrong with coffee for sure if you only know how to manage your coffee intakes per day. I used to drink a lot per day that's why it does not do me good now. :( It's my fault. Anyway, what flavor of tea do you like?

      Delete
  5. Teaaa! I'm drinking some right now. I'm impressed by your willpower in going off coffee. And I wish you the best of luck with the LOTR books--I've always wanted to read them but end up getting bogged down in the first book every time =/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why? Is it because it's too serious? Haha! Now, I'm curious! :P

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...