August 19, 2013

Tea: English Breakfast Tea from Twinings

 

Taking for granted the medium level (of flavor strength label) of this tea was a wrong act. Based from its aroma, one would definitely indulge a big gulp. That's what I did when I had my very first cup of English Breakfast Tea. To be honest, I did not quite like its flavor. I thought it was too strong for me. I knew it will take me a while to evaluate fully the taste. And so from one sip to another, I ended up drinking the whole cup. 

My primary reaction of its bitterness is basically because of my expectation. At least now I know what Twinings' medium flavor strength tastes like in my mouth. Once I learned that the English Breakfast Tea is actually a black tea, I just started loving it. My sister gave me a bunch of teas so I am just basically trying out everything. In which I am really thankful for because I have now a good alternative of coffee. Green tea is a good alternative but I must say English Breakfast Tea is just as good as coffee. 

Sometimes I drizzle a teaspoon of honey and/or milk to have a bit of sweet taste.  I have not tried it cold yet. Other times, I pair it with a sweet fruit like banana, mango, or (in the photo) langka. I usually take some tea late in the afternoon or as meal for dinner (that is if I pair it with fruits) and it really keeps me up for hours. 

If you're a (black) coffee lover or tea lover, you really have to check this one out! It's fantastic. :)

6 comments:

  1. i'm more of a coffee person but this sounds great for relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, tea/light coffee after a day's work is perfect.

      Delete
  2. tea! Earl Gray will always be the best for me! try it debbie, i think you will like it too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Leah! I have Earl Gray here and I have yet to try it. Reading your comment makes me more exciting to indulge a new tea flavor! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm a coffee person but Twinings English Breakfast Tea is my favorite so far and always keep a stock at home for those times sharing an afternoon cup of tea with a friend are due.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you use it with honey/milk or just plain? :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...