August 25, 2013

Something a little lighter

(August 4, 2013)
 
Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

It is quarter to eight in the evening and it is raining. Thought the weather would make me sulk further but as I am typing down my words I am feeling better. Maybe writing has that effect on me. It has a capacity to calm me down and think about what really matters in life. For years I have been dealing with unlikely situations and although I try to avoid such happenings it just comes along with me anywhere I go.  I know I am too old to write about the same thing over and over: writing down words while pouring out all the emotions away. I don't mean to be mushy or whatever, it's what my life has been lately. I can't get away from that and believe me I want to get away from all of these unlikely things. I could not find my way out just yet. Screw the one who made me feel anxious all the time. I sometimes pity myself for being with this kind of person but I know it won't stay this way forever. I am tired of being with, let's just say, someone-who-destroys-all-the-happiness-in-the-world kind of person.

When you are down, there is no other way to go but up. So despite all the hurtful things I receive, I uplift myself by thinking of happy things. Sometimes all I can do is close my eyes and recall how my day was aside from that (another) bad experience. Today, I was with my little cousins and their mother. We were harvesting some almost-ripe guava in their front yard. 4 o'clock on a Sunday afternoon and everything felt light. The laughter, the eagerness to find a ripe guava above us, the giggles when we miss to hit one, everything... I had a joyful Sunday (despite somewhat mournful experiences) and I am very grateful for that. Life is good.


6 comments:

  1. :* life is good no matter what but sometimes it's so hurtful that even that we can see...
    stay strong,Debie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I got to tell myself that life is good... If only I didn't care so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, yes. Sometimes, *sometimes*, it is good to not care too much about things. :/

      Delete
  3. You're staying positive which is more than half the battle - you'll get there, don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just remembered the video you showed weeks ago. "Don't stop, don't give up!" :P Thanks, Rooth!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...