August 13, 2013

Mimes Chimes and Rhymes by Ian Graham


Mimes Chimes and Rhymes (verses by Ian Graham; drawing by Emilie Vercruysse) is a 50-page book of poetry published on March 2013. First, I want to talk about the verses, in which I really enjoyed reading in one sitting. The poems are funny and smart. It's not the boring kind of fun. When reading poems, sometimes it makes me giggle whenever the last word of each line rhymes together. So I enjoyed the verses very much. Second, the drawings are absolutely fitting to each of the verses. Not the kind that I would draw from the verses. In other words, I'm not clever enough to draw such witty comics! Overall, it's an easy, short and funny read. :)


I got this from First Reads and sent by the author himself in which he wrote: "All our best to Debbie Grace. Winner of the Goodreads race. So where's this sun of which you speak? Well, here's some fun to make you shriek." I totally shrieked while reading it because I LOVE RHYMES AND HE JUST WROTE SOMETHING FOR ME THAT RHYMES AND THAT IS TOTALLY AWESOME AND CUTE AND AAAAAAHHHH I LOVE IT HAHAHA! I like the fact that Mr. Ian visited my little blog. (Heehee). Thank you, Mr. Graham! I really enjoyed your book. Please write more. :)

6 comments:

  1. Funny... I like writing poetry, but I'm not a huge fan of reading them... Hmmmm... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some poems that I don't understand at all or it takes me a couple of re-reads to somehow understand what they mean.

      Delete
  2. Our office is having "Poetry Month" where one of us brings in our favourite poems and tapes them up in the kitchen for all to read when making lunch or endless cups of tea. I haven't managed to find a poem I love, I wonder if this book will have one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exciting! I'm sure it will be fun if you contribute funny poems and this book has them. You can check out the Author's website (http://www.ianodes.com/). He puts samples there from time to time. :D

      Delete
  3. Wow that is awesome you got a verse written just for you! i shall check his book out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...