August 22, 2013

Holga 135BC: Kodak Color Plus 200 (January to March)

It's my first time to use the Holga135BC camera that I borrowed from a friend. I loaded it with Kodak Color Plus 200 film and used from January to March. I encountered a problem with the camera's counter after several shots. It doesn't move once it reaches 8 but I can still roll the film. Having no clue what was going on, I slowly opened its back under a shade and checked if the film was placed properly. I knew it would ruin some photos but I wanted to make sure the camera still works. Although the camera is designed to have some light leaks (which I thought so), I have gotten several photos that are fully leaked. Not really sad about that though. That's film. You won't always get perfect photos. I reckon I have multiple photos that are blurred and out of focus but I like them. The light leaks add more drama and feel to each of the photo

Also, for this first roll, I learned somehow that 200 ISO needs more lighting than what I thought. I don't really know much about the technicalities in photography so I have some photos that are quite blurred out. Most of the time, in life, the way I get to learn something is by trying it for several times. It's emotionally draining but it's worthwhile.


Cagayan de Oro City
Taken from a moving car. Travel from Davao to Cagayan de Oro.

San Pedro Cathedral, Davao City
Inside a jeepney

Justin and Karsten
A view from my window

Divine Mercy Shrine, Misamis Oriental
Cagayan de Oro City
Pigeons at San Pedro Cathedral, Davao City



San Pedro Cathedral, Davao City
Somewhere along Davao to Cagayan de Oro

Cagayan de Oro City


My very first double exposure.
 

I am glad I have captured photos of places mostly during my first travel for the year 2013.

4 comments:

  1. i love the pictures! there's just something about taking pictures with manual camera on a film, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Niken! And yes, I feel like the photos I have using film cameras are *really* special. :D

      Delete
  2. Anonymous2:32 PM

    Debz, where was your film developed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At Photohouse in San Pedro street. It is beside Chowking and fronting Rizal Park. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...