June 16, 2013

Incoming cards from Denmark, Portugal and Louisiana



3 cards in the mail recently -- postcrossing cards from Denmark & Portugal, and a surprise card from Louisiana.

1. Pocahontas-inspired card from Melanie of Denmark. Whenever I look at it, my mind sings Colors of the Wind. I love how it reminds me so much of my childhood days which was filled with afternoons in the garden, playing with caterpillars, going inside a very large cage & feeding my father's (different kinds of) birds, and reading comics/stories to my mother's flowers (because she told me they will bloom if I do so). It was a Pocahontas-like childhood except there were no John Smith involved.

2. Planalto das Cesaredas card from Nuno of Portugal. Just in case I find myself traveling around the world... I'd probably visit Portugal and remind myself to visit this place. Also, I'd learn Portuguese. That must be fun!

3. Flower card from Arielle of Louisiana. This card made me smile while working in the office. The day when I was totally clueless (because I was not expecting any mail to arrive), curious and excited at the same time as I walked towards the mailman who just blurted out my name outside the gate. What a lovely surprise from a friend who lives miles away in the States! :)

Thank you for these beautiful mails. They surely made my days happy! :D

6 comments:

  1. such lovely postcards, my fav is the flower one :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know I just signed up for Postcrossing too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, that's so sweet. I do love getting snail mail

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look beautiful. I esp. love the Pocahontas one.

    PS: It's giveaway time on my blog! Hope you join: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/06/angelorian-tradition-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cards are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so wonderful..receiving love in the post is so special!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...