May 16, 2013

Shredded Potato Pancakes (with applesauce)

And here I am again trying to cook something for myself. It turned out so good and easy to cook. I never thought potatoes are good as pancakes until today. And my applesauce is not that perfect but it's okay. I'm still learning. Definitely making more of this soon!



For Potato Pancakes:
8 potatoes, shredded
1 onion, finely chopped
1 egg
3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup vegetable oil

Mix potatoes, onion and egg in a bowl. Add flour, salt and pepper.
(If the mixture is dry, add 1 tablespoon of water)
In a skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Form pancakes out of the mixture.
Place pancakes in hot oil. Cook 3 to 4 minutes per side. Or until it is lightly brown.
Drain on a paper towel.
Serve with applesauce

For Applesauce:
4 sweet apples, peeled, cut into thin slices
1 1/2 cup apple juice

Mix all ingredients in a pot over medium heat
Simmer for 40 to 60 minutes, or until desired texture is achieved.
Stir occasionally.
Allow applesauce to cool.
Serve.
(Add water during the cooking to get the desired consistency of the sauce)


Have fun cooking! :)

5 comments:

  1. uhmm yummy :P will try to do it :)

    would you like to follow each other on gfc and bloglovin?
    Invite you to enter my giveaway to win eco bag and sativa bracelet :)
    visit my blog ^^
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe looks mouth watering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! Potatoes are one of my least favorite foods just because they're so starchy. I only eat fries and occasionally mashed potatoes. Maybe this will help me eat more of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing. I love all your pics on this blog and the peak into your life :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...