May 13, 2013

Holy Week: Part 3


The last day of the Holy Week in the farm was mostly spent indoors, TV, and food. Also, staring at cats.


Makahiya plant makes me giggle. It closes its leaves when touched hence the name "makahiya" from the word "hiya" which means, when translated to English, shy.


We harvested again this time but a very little amount like we used to. It's good to have something to eat while on our way home to the city. 


A kid passed by us and watched us harvesting some rambutans. He was with his bike. I asked if I can borrow it. He just nodded. Hehe.


 

I enjoyed my three days in the farm. No cellphone and no internet. Looking for another adventurous  Holy Week again next year. I don't know where will I be, but I hope it will be as fun as this one.

12 comments:

  1. Ahh, three days without cell phone or Internet. What a lovely thing. Those plants are adorable! I'd never heard of them. Love the video. And the fact that you borrowed that kid's bike . . . hilarious! haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was nice being disconnected for three days and connected more to nature. Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. i love time spent offline! im glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good time, indeed. In fact, I asked my cousin if we can stay for a month. She just stared at me hahaha

      Delete
  3. Oh my the Makahiya plant is so funny! I han never heared of that one before, I would love to test it out, haha. So good to hear you had a great time at the farm and even ride a bike! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very rare in the city but I remember we had plenty of it in our garden before. :)

      Delete
  4. the landscape is glorious :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the makahiya plant is makes me giggled also! :) ang cute po nila nuh?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...