May 7, 2013

Holy Week: Part 1


A calm Holy Week for me this year. Just like last year. Except that, I had the chance to harvest fruits in the farm for the first time (with the help of my little cousins, of course). It was fun, thrilling, and fruitful. On our way to the farm, I spotted this white kite which I thought was a cloud from my peripheral sight. Wouldn't it be awesome if it was really a cloud formation? Hahaha


So our adventure begins! Melanie climbed up the Rambutan tree. Filled a sack with lots of red rambutans (and some black ants along with it).

 



Another prospect was the Lanzones tree. These are the sweet kind. 


Melanie, Tiya Petra, Geraldine, and me under the Lanzones tree.


Yellow rambutans from another tree. It's my first time to see this kind. I got thrilled to taste it just because it's unique (for me, at least) but it was too high to climb for M. So, G was in search of a large stick with a knife on its edge.


Beside the Yellow Rambutan-bearing tree is another Rambutan tree which is apparently smaller. But we had too much of this kind so we didn't really touch it. 


The view is very surreal. I stood on a large rock for minutes in silence.


Finally, we found a stick to use for this one-of-a-kind fruit. Heh, look at me. 



We harvested a sack of this. It was fairly the same with the red ones. So good :)


Sat for a while after harvesting some yellow rambutans. I don't remember everything we've talked about but it was mainly just about life and some jokes in between. :)


Yay for yellow rambutans! We finished almost half of a sack! 


Found this crawling near me. It's very beautiful but very itchy when it touches you!



 My older cousins harvested some Marang. We harvested some Marang as well! But they got this one. It's very sweet! It's one of my favorites :) (FYI: that cigarette isn't mine. I don't smoke, they do. Hehehe)


There's a little pond in front of the small house we were in. There are snails in there.


Another breath-taking view again. Earth, you are so hauntingly beautiful. :)


Sunset.


Jump shot: the sunset and the lower half of our bodies


Ended the day with a bonfire. We were desperately looking for dry coconut husks around. Good thing my cousin had plenty of them. It took us a long time to light it up. So around the bonfire, we sat in a swing. Telling stories and gazing at the stars. The silence was drawing my attention. It was one of the best silent nights ever.

9 comments:

  1. I miss rambutans! Can't get any decent ones here in NC. Back in Singapore, we've got tropical fruits galore. Now I can appreciate a good selection of fruits. I've taken them for granted for far too long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there are lots of good selection of fruits from there :) The rambutans we got were the juicy and sweet kind! :D

      Delete
  2. beautiful pictures. especially the one with the palm tree reflections. looks like a beautiful piece of this world xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favorite photo I've taken during the day. :D

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness everything looks so lush! I have not had any of those fruits (I am assuming) before, actually never heard of them, but they look so yummy. How nice to be able to pick them right from the tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my dream to actually pick fruits right from the tree! :D

      Delete
  4. oh wow..rambutans. I so miss marangs. They're really yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for marangs! There are no marangs in Dubai? I'll send you some! Hahaha

      Delete
  5. Wow, what an amazing view! Looks like you had a lot of fun :)
    xx
    www.clothesandcamera.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...