May 2, 2013

Aloe Vera and Cucumber Facial Mask

It's fun to make do-it-yourself masks! So here's a facial mask I learned to make from the internet.

Here are the things you need to have:
1 cucumber
2 fresh cut aloe vera leaves
Blender
Plastic container


Peel and slice the cucumber.
Slice the aloe vera into cubes. Take a teaspoon and scoop the gel out of the leaf.
Combine both into the blender. Blend thoroughly.
Put in a plastic container.


Fresh aloe vera leaves from our garden! I think everyone should have this in their backyard or porch. It has so many uses. :)


If you don't have a blender, you can crush the cucumber and aloe gel and whisk altogether. But it will be difficult to mix both.


Now, you have a natural facial mask that you can use every night before going to bed. I haven't tried putting it overnight though. I just leave it on for about 15 to 30 minutes. It makes your skin supple, fresh and oil-free. Chill to avoid unnecessary smell.  Mine lasted for two weeks.

3 comments:

  1. That must be really good, I have used aloe vera too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll give this a try. I've only tried aloe vera once for hair growth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good easy recipe! Thanks for sharing! I bought a tiny aloe plant this spring, and I'm waiting to repot / transplant into our garden

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...