April 3, 2013

Durian Fruit

 

One of my favorite fruits is Durian. Its shell has sharp spikes and has an irregular circular shape. Once you crack it open, its smell stays inside your nose. Most people say it smells like rotten onions (or other bad rotten stuff) but it smells heavenly to me as well as how it tastes. Honestly, I don't understand why people hate this fruit. I can eat this all day long.


Actually, I eat this in moderation. Two servings of durian will make your body warm and make you feel drunk (haha!). It's different for other people but for me two to three servings are enough. I remember when I was younger, I finished more than 7 servings without feeling anything. Now that I am older, I am conscious about my eating habits. 

Just like other fruits, durian has benefits as well. I have heard that it can cure dengue fever. They said it can do wonders in the platelet count of the patient. Aside from that, among other health benefits, it has vitamin C and definitely has lots of fiber.

For other people who wouldn't want to eat fresh durian fruit, they can try other delicacies made out of durian. There are durian candies and milkshakes available in the markets as well. Always remember to eat in moderation. :)

16 comments:

  1. i LOVE durian!!!
    in fact i just eat 4 durians yesterday with my cousin. haha
    but i don't like it when it's made to other kind of food such as durian cake or else. and don't start with durian munthong!!! oh, SO G.O.O.D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is durian munthong? I tried the durian cake and I find it delicious! :D

      Delete
  2. I've never been brave enough to try durian :-) Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for you. I hope once you get to try it, you'll like it :)

      Delete
  3. I met the legendary Durian just five years ago but never did I get offended by its smell... So rich, so flavorful, even before your first bite! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It has never offended me ever. :P

      Delete
  4. I've never had a durian fruit raw like this, but I have had the pleasure of trying it in a milkshake form! I agree that it's scent can be overpowering, and even it's flavor in the milkshake was strong, but it was oh so pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything with durian is just mmmmm awesome! :P

      Delete
  5. it's a bit of an acquired taste, isn't it. I keep trying. but so far, I don't really like it. maybe next time :)

    ps: thanks for visiting xxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww. As a durian lover, that is just sad to hear but I understand it has a strong taste. :P

      Delete
  6. I do not like fresh durian...but have you ever tried durian chips? I think it's just dehydrated, but the taste is a lot more mild, and that makes it edible for chicken weenies like myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried durian chips. I don't even know it exists! I would love to have it. I'm sure I'm gonna love it. Haha :D

      Delete
  7. I miss durian. I love them when they're frozen. I ate fresh ones at the beach when I was in Davao- great times :) Oh, and the Blugre Durian Coffee..sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's better when they are frozen. I haven't tried Blugre's Durian Coffee yet though! I should probably do it now before they take it out from their menu. Haha!

      Delete
  8. i have always wondered about this fruit.. we don't have it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells bad (for some, except for many lol), but tastes so good! If you ever get to try it... Try to eat the Puyat variety. It's my favorite and it is not kind of bitter in taste. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...