April 17, 2013

Art for Earth -- an art exhibit

ART FOR EARTH is an exhibit of Filipino artists held at Abreeza Mall, Davao City, Philippines. It's been a while since I have been to art exhibits. So when I heard about this, I promised myself not to miss it. Looking at those art pieces of different mediums, I stared at them for a while having a private moment with each of my favorites. It's my dream to become an artist and to create something beautiful for the world to see. I loved how I wasted my time looking through these pieces and just appreciate how lovely they are! I would love to have these (or any nature-inspired pieces) in my future home someday. :)




My favorites are shown in the collage shown above:

1. "Children of Earth" by Jun Cayas. (He was my Introduction to Arts Appreciation professor at Ateneo de Davao University 5 years ago)
2. "Antaytelo" by Victor Augustus Dumaguing
3. "Salhig Tundo" by Victor Augustus Dumaguing
4. "A Shade of Green #2" by Jeff Bangot
5. "The 3 Elements" by Nina Custodio
6. "A Shade of Green #1" by Jeff Bangot
7. "Fish Be With You" by Victor Augustus Dumaguing
8. "Gratitude" by Victor Augustus Dumaguing
9. "The Earthist: Psalm 30" by Marion Descallar

Each of these pieces speak about Mother Earth. "She provides all the things needed by her inhabitants. In return, every inhabitants co-existing with each other has roles to play as they continue with their ways of life - a beautiful shared relation." -- Jun Cayas

In the Art for Earth exhibit, Filipino artists in Davao region has successfully showcased their masterpieces for Mother Earth and its inhabitants. Their works have addressed the need to love and take full care of the environment. Let us appreciate and keep on appreciating the beauty of what Mother Earth has given to us. It is important to play our role every day and give something back to nature.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice art work. Thank you for sharing.

    LUXESSED

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yep, humana na ni na exhibit. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...