March 21, 2013

Broccoli Spaghetti


 I am a newbie at cooking so I tend to follow everything that's written in the recipe. Sometimes I wish I could make my own recipe and experiment. Soon. I just have to practice more. This time I wanted to cook anything with broccoli, and I found this recipe in the internet.

I want to share an awful experience and just be honest with you about me, being stupid and absent-minded, and the broccoli I bought. But you can disregard this one and continue on with the recipe.
[ So, I bought a stalk of broccoli (and other ingredients) from the grocery store during my school project making break. After that, I went back to school and just put everything in my bag pack. I totally forgot about it when I got home and didn't open my bag for two days until I smelled something inside my room. I checked everything -- the corners, desks, cabinets, and bags -- there I found the stuff I bought for this recipe and found out that the broccoli was the culprit. I felt so sorry for it hahaha and just decided to throw it away. Reading some articles in the internet and an advice from mon coeur, I learned that it's fine to still cook it but you have to cut off the yellow parts which was taking up 50 percent of the broccoli I bought. So instead of buying a new one, I decided to cook it before it starts to mold completely. Hehehe. So, I cooked at 3 AM and it was sooooo good except that you can't see much of broccoli as wanted. But it's okay! :) ]

Broccoli Spaghetti

Ingredients:
250 grams spaghetti
1 broccoli
1/8 cup olive oil
1 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/4 tsp salt
chicken meat, shredded
freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes

Directions:
1. Cook the spaghetti according to the directions written on the package. Drain, reserving half a cup of the cooking water.
2. Meanwhile, cut the broccoli into small florets.
3. Heat half the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
4. Add the broccoli florets, garlic, and one-fourth tsp salt. Cook until garlic is lightly brown and broccoli is fork-tender.
5. Add the pasta, reserved pasta water, chicken, remaining salt, and a few grinds of pepper. Cook until heated though.
6. Add the crushed red pepper flakes. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil before serving.

Notes:
You can add any herbs that you want.
Also, I added boiled quail eggs. 

9 comments:

  1. Good luck with your cooking journey. It's a really fun hobby since you get to share it with people, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still kind of a newbie and I always follow the recipe. I strayed once, and it was bad. Keep the recipes coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! It always turns out bad when I try to make my own! :( we need more practice! :D

      Delete
  3. Mmmm, this sounds so delicious! Good luck with practicing more, I'm also only just venturing out into adapting my own recipes, and it's pretty much hit or miss ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks pretty yummy to me. Good on you for not wasting the brocolli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I learned my lesson ;P

      Delete
  5. Good on your for persevering and cooking it still!
    Quite frankly, I reckon that looks very yummy. I can't wait to my pregnancy is over and I can indulge in spaghetti and pasta again.... (my gestational diabetes really limits how much I can eat in terms of carbohydrates right now).
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...