March 9, 2013

A letter that says "I love you"

Pressed leaves from France
Pressed Lavenders from France

The first time I smelled a real Lavender was when I received this letter from France. And I should say it is way different from that talcum powder I used ever since. It must be so nice to be in a Lavender field smelling each and every stem, but these pressed ones are lovely, too. I am in love.

I got emotional when I received this. I didn't know what I felt but as I moved on from one page to another, tears fell because of joy. Through the years, I never felt this happy receiving a letter from someone who doesn't even used to write by hand anymore. Total effort.

Those words assembled together to form a thought that says you are loved. Those sentences that provoke laughter, longing, love, and other beautiful feelings that make your heart grow healthy. Those pages of letters that bring pleasure to my senses, I hold them near me every night.

Sometimes when the world seems to hate me, I always remember that someone, somewhere, in the other side of the world, loves me. And even though this love travels thousands of miles, it will always find its way accurately.

I love you, too.

13 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, i love handwritten letters, and this one is even more special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being reminded that someone cares and that you are loved is priceless.

    7% Solution​

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing that you're loved makes you sane ;)

      Delete
  3. Absolutely beautiful -- handwritten letters are the best... and when they are accompanied by flowers? Even better! Very sweet. <3 I loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! There is just something so special about handwritten letters. And with the edition of flowers AND lavender, how sweet is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lavenders smell so nice. I am lucky that even though there's no lavender field from where I am, I can open that envelope, close my eyes, smell those pressed flowers, and imagine I'm in heaven. It'll surely keep my sanity. Hahahaha

      Delete
  5. "Sometimes when the world seems to hate me, I always remember that someone, somewhere, in the other side of the world, loves me." That is beautiful, Debie.
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love hand-written letters too. and this is definitely a language that says 'i love you'

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a sweet post, and a really wonderful reminder to me to send letters.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...