March 15, 2013

A hand-made postcard sent to South Carolina, USA


A postcard I sent to David L. from South Carolina, USA. He likes naval ships, books, and dogs. So, I made my own postcard which composed of his favorites, which turned out to be a funny hand-made drawing. (See a closer look). The title of the three books are from novels which are set in his place. At the back, I have drawn a tooling leather as a separator of my message and address lines, because he likes tooling leathers.

I enjoyed making this postcard because it was done spontaneously. No further initial planning whatsoever which is the fun part. The boarder was quite fun to do as well. I admit I was kind of scared that he might not like a hand-made postcard but he actually listed it as his favorite (and he didn't 'favorite-d' everything he received, and that is something.). So, yay! 

So, I am definitely making more hand-made postcards soon and I will be making them during breaks and/or before going to bed because I don't want to spend more time for it (there are other important stuff to do). Anyway, I like making drafts and simple designs during breaks. Making fun stuff such as this make me sane. It's always good to have something to do especially when you're too caught up with heavy stuff. :)

9 comments:

  1. That is so cute. I bet he loves that it's personalised too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debie, this is so cute and creative. I especially like that dog. Who wouldn't like handmade post cards?! Looking forward to seeing more of your handmade postcards/drawings :)

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice postcard! You're so talented!!

    LUXESSED

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha not really but thanks ;P

      Delete
  4. So cute!

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely thing to do Debie! Very cute too.
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...