Bakit Hindi Ka Crush Ng Crush Mo?: At Iba Pang Technique Kung Paano Makaka-Move On Sa Wasak Na Puso by Ramon Bautista. It is published on September 2012. This is a Non Fiction, Inspirational and full of Humor kind of book. Aside from being a professor in University of the Philippines, Ramon Bautista is also a self-proclaimed internet action star, commercial model, film producer, radio DJ and a lot more. This book is inspired by Filipinos mostly youngsters who consequently ask him questions over his formspring account. The questions vary at different aspects in life but mostly love, school and how to be awesome. Selected questions were all put in one book designated to ten chapters including moving on techniques, long distance relationship, no boyfriend since birth (NBSB), premarital sex and others.
Although this book mostly consists of funny, serious and shocking questions by (mostly) teenagers, Bautista's responses leave an impact to his readers where they are most probably going to laugh, reflect and learn. According to him, there are three decision making bodies in a person: Utak (brain) as the command center, Puso (heart) for emotions, and Bird (genital) as the x-factor. Obviously, one should follow the command center first and be responsible of one's self. Also, basically, think first before doing.
|It has diagrams to make the reader realize more on what's written in the book.|
- Figure 1: A Venn Diagram that shows no overlapping between "the person likes you" and "the person doesn't like you:.
- Figure 2: It depends on how you want to live your life. Safe but boring or unsafe but fun.
- Figure 3: The modular life system.
Here are some points to ponder:
- "If you can't move on, move on some more."
- "The best revenge is to live an awesome life."
- Don't speak to someone who made you cry.
- He's not even thinking of you whenever you are thinking of him. That hope inside your mind and heart is just some cheesy ideas that is only existing in the movies. Move on.
- Don't be afraid of having no boyfriend ever since. Don't just get a boyfriend for the sake of having one.
- Think before you get some.
- Practice safe sex.
- Use protection. Use your brain.
- Don't dwell on your problems, solve!
|Kept me company during a 10-hour drive from Davao City to Cagayan de Oro city.|
Overall, this book is a good read. It serves as a guide on how to live life by reminding you of the basics (re: three decision making bodies). Sometimes, life gets too complicated and reading this book might somehow enlighten your mind, heart and face :)