December 11, 2012

The Von Trapps: Live in SM Lanang Premier

The Sound of Music must be my all-time favorite musical film. For many years now, the movie has inspired a lot of people to do musical shows in different parts of the world. Truly this musical, emotional, funny and historical movie has greatly captured the hearts of generations to generations from the year it has made. The story of the Von Trapp family and their passion for music are fancied by a myriad of individuals.


Last December 7 2012, SM Lanang Premier offered a Yuletide gift for Dabawenyos by inviting the great grandchildren of Captain Georg Ludwig and Maria von Trapp namely Sofia, Amanda, Justin and Melanie. During the press conference held in Bistro Selera they shared that they have been performing to different parts of the world for 12 years now. By continuing the family's tradition, they perform on stage some classical songs including songs from The Sound of Music.


Singing is not difficult for them since it has become their hobby. They are also acquainted to musical instruments: Melanie plays guitar, Sofia and Amanda play piano, and Justin plays ukelele. According to them, they are the only ones in their family's generation who sing. Although some of their relatives are into music, they don't make it as their career.


The group has an outstanding performance of five songs namely The Sound of Music, Jingle Bells, Do Re Mi, Winter Wonderland, Edelweiss and SM Christmas Jingle.


The tenderness and captivating voices altogether have taken us magically into the film. It was surreal.


Here are two video clips of their performances on stage:





To know more about them, visit their web page: The Von Trapps

11 comments:

  1. I've never seen The Sound of Music. I will add it to my to watch list!

    LUXESSED

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should watch it! That movie somehow escapes you from this harsh world. Hahahaha in other words, it makes one happy (well, at least for me!) :)

      Delete
  2. This is insanely adorable. Now I have the urge to watch Sound of Music again! :)

    JennifHsieh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It was way different to hear them live! It was like I was watching the first batch of von Trapp children singing in front of me! These guys are doing a great job! :3

      Delete
  3. so fun! i love the sound of music. i use to watch it every year. must watch again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome. I don't watch it every year but I'm sure I have watched it many times! There are also moments where I find myself humming a song or two in random days. Heh, I'm such a fan :P

      Delete
  4. Their Edelweiss was superb! Their harmonies were so tight. The clashing of the notes were so pleasant to hear. I was so moved with that song that almost made me cry. They really did a great job. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping they'd sing Edelweiss before the event because it's my all-time favorite among the soundtracks. During the presscon when they said they might sing it, I got super excited for it! :D

      I must admit I got teary-eyes while mouthing the lyrics to Edelweiss. It was really beautiful *_*

      Delete
  5. Cool event!

    Giveaway: http://she-walkss.blogspot.it/2012/11/2-giveaway-firmoo-glasses.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw, how fun!! Sound of Music was always one of my favorite movies too, I need to watch it again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so cool! Awesome that they kept it in the family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...