December 14, 2012

Have we not established that the little things are the big things?


How amazing it is to realize that over the years, the little things that I've done make up the big things that I at least consider. For other people, I may not have done enough but then I don't live up to someone's standards anymore. (I used to and it's ugly).

I'm thankful that I have documented almost everything in life. Some things don't change but I'm glad most things do. Oh life, you are like a plain sky to me at times but whenever I look back to all the days I've lived, you showed me the brightest rainbow in the sky. I will do more little things, step by step. And so, when I look back again, I am sure it's going to be bigger than what I consider now. It's inspiring; it's addictive to live life simply but progressively. So I will go on and on until my last days. 

We only live once, so we might as well do things right.

14 comments:

  1. A very interesting thought! I've never looked at life from this perspective...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's because I have never done *big* things over the years. ;)

      Delete
  2. this is beautiful!

    following your blog now


    happyleeliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marsa! It's awesome to know that you're following me as well. *blush* ;p

      Delete
  3. Very beautiful post!

    http://www.beautyandthemist.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post. Very insightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Becky. Thanks for considering this entry lovely. ;P

      Delete
  5. i love this! very insightful and thought provoking. and it's so true.. living by someone elses standards makes life less enjoyable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's less enjoyable because, most of the time, those people just don't try to appreciate what you can do and so they try to *bully* you -- that you're a failure.

      Delete
  6. Great words here. It's always important to remember not to live someone else's standards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or else you're going to spend the rest of your life in a box!

      Delete
  7. You're such a beautiful writer. You have such a descriptive way with words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Arielle! Your words inspire me more. ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...