November 23, 2012

Urbandub @ Abreeza Mall

 

Last October (I know, this is too late), Urbandub played for an hour in Abreeza Mall! My best friend, Eileen, and I were so excited to see them again. The last time we saw them was Octoberfest 2008. I remember dancing around, jumping, and singing along right in front of them! We were very lucky to be one of the VIPs (thanks to Eileen's sister who was part of the organizing team!)


We were also very lucky this time to have free passes for this show. Thanks to our high school friend Shimea for letting us in for free! We also spotted another high school friend Joel who was very lucky to interview them right after the show. We should work for teams like this so we could eat dinner right after the event and then maybe take photos and get closer to these awesome musicians! :)


It was very disappointing because they didn't want us to stand up and enjoy the music even if the musicians told us to stand up. There were bouncers in front. But my best friend and I were lucky to jam in front of them during their first song: First of Summer. The bouncers couldn't do anything about it because we didn't want to sit down and the musicians were playing already. I like the moment when Gab (vocalist) looked at the two of us!! Maybe he liked looking at us because we weren't holding any camera unlike most of the kids beside us. We were there, looking at them, singing along with them, swaying our bodies like there were no people at the back! We were in the moment and Gab witnessed it! 

For the rest of the show, the bouncers told us to sit down. I didn't want to sit down because that would be boring. But what else can we do :( We sat on the floor near the stage; it was somehow better. Here's a video when they played The Fight Is Over. My best friend and I are singing along! Sorry :)


P.S. John (lead guitarist) tweeted about the video. He said: "sweet video" yeeeeeee *blushing for eternity*

6 comments:

  1. that is so cool! i miss going to see music. there is something about it that really feeds the soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fulfilling to see your favorite musicians play in front of you :D

      Delete
  2. How can you expect someone to sit down at a type of concert where people feel like dancing? Sounds like torture to me! ;)

    LUXESSED

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha it was torture! Good thing they didn't react when we sat down a few inches away from the stage!

      Delete
  3. It's always nice being VIP! ;) I'm glad you had such a great time!

    JennifHsieh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially when you never paid for it! I really had a great time with the band and the people I was with. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...