November 2, 2012

My textile card to Karina Rios

I have been following Karina Rios's blog for a while now and her idea of textile letters sounds very exciting. So when I knew about it, I instantly, without any doubt, emailed her about me wanting to participate! I wanted to write letters to strangers from other countries so this could be a start! (Hey, email me if you want some letters, too! I would gladly send you some!) It's funny because she was actually the first one to send me a letter even if I was the one who asked. Thank you, Karina! :)

You know that feeling when you find something exciting and you just want to dive in to that without thinking twice because, well, the idea is super fun? That's what I did. I wanted to participate even if I am not good at designing using textiles. (I am very bad at sewing, to be honest! Back in grade 6, I hated the time when our Home Education teacher wanted us to make shorts! Mine was too short and ugly. I passed though.) So, I tried to make a card using some buttons and threads. I enjoyed making them! :)





I got her some pocket I bought from a textile store in China Town! It's made of a local cloth usually used for Malongs. :)




Karina sent me a random list. What's in it? Sorry, it's just for me. So, I gave her a list of the things I love!


Thank you very much, Karina! I actually giggled when the mail man told me I have a letter from Copenhagen! I wasn't really expecting that you will send me first! You are so sweet. Stay sweet, creative and very nice. :)

19 comments:

  1. What a sweet mail exchange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet, indeed! I enjoyed making it :)

      Delete
  2. exchanging package is always sweet and exciting! love the idea


    xoxo
    style frontier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very, very exciting! And it's very surprising that I got mine first! :D

      Delete
  3. pretty! :o

    http://www.chocolatestiloblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like such a fun exchange! And your card is so cute, the buttons are darling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I could have used different colors but I'd do it next time! :)

      Delete
  5. That is so cute - my cousin and I used to do that all the time, list out the things we liked and the things we disliked

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listing down random things is sure fun! Thank you, Rooth! :)

      Delete
  6. I adore getting things in the mail and I adore sending things in the mail even more. This is such a cute idea! I love that you made your card out of buttons and thread! You're really creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jen! Receiving and making cards/letters for other people is very exciting indeed. Also, surprising! Thank you :">

      Delete
  7. Wow that's so nice...the textile card and the letter exchanges.I also love to receive letters....makahanap nga ng masulatan :)you might want to check out postcrossing.com(postcard exchange) if you haven't yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, nice! Sige, I will visit that website. Salamat! :)

      Delete
  8. That's such a great idea! In this electronic day and age, I love sending letters by post and i get so excited when i receive things in the mail!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...