November 29, 2012

Missed Connection: pointy-goatee-nerdy boy!


We were standing near the center stage while watching bands play awesome music. It was before Urbandub's set started when I noticed you. You were wearing eye glasses and your goatee looks so, uhm, cute. I have a thing for those two things at least. By the way, is that an Ateneo shirt?

Urbandub played their first song, it was fantastic to see them play again twice in a month! I was singing along and I noticed your lips mouthed the lyrics as well. You weren't like those guys to your right -- jumping, singing very loudly, and, obviously, drunk. I saw you look at them and kind of thrilled. It made me smile to see a portion of your smile. Maybe it amuses you to see drunkards acting very good at being drunkards? Me, too.

Now on to the next song, people were too excited. Until we were very close to each other. Skin to skin. Well, almost. It was fun. I didn't know what to do but instead of being a creep, I just sang along with the music.

I wanted to take a photo of you so I could write about you -- the boy I met at Rockfest during Urbandub's set. It was wonderful, really, to feel something to a stranger you barely know but pretty sure loves the same music as you do. Awesome moment. So I took a photo of you, I hope you don't mind? 

Yep, I'm a creep. I'm a weirdo. What the hell am I typing here? See you around, pointy-goatee-nerdy boy!

13 comments:

  1. Awww... miss those days of fleeting crushes.
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be fun looking back to your teenage life, no? :P

      Delete
  2. I love reading missed connections and yours is awesome. Hopefully you'll find yourself running into him again soon! ;)

    JennifHsieh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenn! I am very hopeful to bump into him one of these days but I'm afraid I almost forgot how he looks like. When I'll see a guy wearing glasses and has a goatee, I'd probably think it's him! :P

      Delete
  3. Haha! You are so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh been there, done that! Nice blog you have here ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! I don't think I could say I've been to this phase and I'm done with it yet! There are more missed connections about guys in the future just because I instantly appreciate them! Bwahahahaha

      Delete
  5. awww omgosh.. sigh.. this sort of disappears once you've been married a few years but i love this!! so sweet and exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I figured. It must be hard, no? LOL just kidding. Thank you, Lisa! :)

      Delete
  6. I follow you and I hope you will reciprocate...
    http://www.5minutiearrivo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great story you've shared....and love that song by radiohead, perfect for sidelong glances across a crowded room :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...