November 11, 2012

I Want Peace Concert: Barbie Almalbis

Last September, I volunteered for I Want Peace Concert in University of Mindanao. Among the great bands that played were the main artists Malay & Barbie Almalbis. Honestly, I was not there to see them but the idea of volunteering for RockEd Philippines sounds great. It's been years since I want to engage activities to that group and this is the first time I've ever volunteered for them. 


Barbie Almalbis was one of the female rock stars I adore back in elementary and high school. And I never knew I would fall in love with her music again after years. She was the last one to play and I found myself sitting in front of her, looking at her and listening to her lovely voice. 


When she played my favorite songs of her, I realized: I still love this girl! I was singing along and I feel happy for my 14-year-old self.


I felt nostalgic while singing along some old songs that I still surprisingly love! I couldn't help myself but to sing the words that were familiar to me. Childhood memories rushed inside my head when she played Tabing Ilog, Money For Food & Goodnyt. 



I had dinner around midnight with all the bands and organizers after the concert. It was a privilege to be part of the team. Thank you, Rock Ed Philippines and OPPAP for making this concert happen. I'd love to see you again, Barbie! :)

9 comments:

  1. Love to read that you had such a great time!

    LUXESSED

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun night, glad to hear you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a really great concert, I'm glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, sounds like such a fun night!! Singing is a talent I wish I had...but I love listening to others who can do it well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I'm good at singing as well! :)

      Delete
  5. thats you?? omg you are so brave! i wish i could sing

    happyleeliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, this is not me! Hahaha XD I was working behind the camera :)

      Delete
  6. My favourite singer is still the same Cantonese pop star whom I adored back in high school! We still play his CDs in the car.... even Rick knows the tunes. :)
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha old favorites die hard!! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...