July 28, 2012

Letter: I want you to be strong


An excerpt from a letter I wrote for Tip's 22nd birthday:



Isn’t it calming to know that the people we know have problems, too? It means you are not the only sad person in this world. And isn’t it inspiring to know that these people can still afford to smile and laugh and dance and sing? You deserve to be happy. We both are. So, always look at the brighter side of things. 

It isn’t always sunny, I know. But I hope when things get cloudy, you will expect it to be worse. Why? Because when you expect things to be worse, you build yourself up. You make yourself stronger for an unknown catastrophe. And I want you to be strong. 



Happy birthday, Tip! :)

2 comments:

  1. That sure beats some of the birthday notes I've received!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Hila! I blushed when I read your comment :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...