June 25, 2012

What 'a long time ago' looked like in abstract

This reminds me of my childhood. The sea, the garden, the stuff I saw along the shore, the beautiful flowers that my Mama planted, the times I'm with Papa in the sea catching some fish, the afternoons spent reading some Archie comics, the times when we gathered around the garden as a family... It was pretty awesome. 


This isn't a great painting, I know. But it's all I could do. I never had any photos when I was little but I have a lot of snapshots in my mind. I just can't draw or paint them as pretty as how they are. I wanted it to be abstract. Hahaha


What I see: top view of the garden -- with flowers, and other plants -- and the sea. You may not see them but I can imagine how they look like exactly. Oh, childhood.

8 comments:

  1. I also don't have many photographs of when we were little...horrible isn't it?

    Anyway, thanks for your comments on my blog. I can't find any email to return my comments to you so I'm doing it here (sorry). And yes that salted butter caramel was amazing and it actually worked this time which was super :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel kind of sad when I realize I don't have enough photographs back then. All I have are formal ones or are not even candid. Maybe there are some hidden somewhere but I don't know. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. the memory is everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, and it's amazing how I can still remember those little precious moments back in the days. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your childhood sounds idllyic and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it was. And sometimes, when I think of it, it really makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Childhood memories are so incredibly precious. I really like your painting - thanks for sharing it with us. Catching fish with your papa by the sea sounds so beautiful.
    Ronnie xo
    (p.s. I read Archie comics too!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Ronnie! Yes, that one is the most precious memory I have with Papa :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...