May 22, 2012

A Parent's Love


During the last days of my Mama, I was there with her in bed. I witnessed her last breath but I didn't cry. I was in bed laying beside her, holding her hand and whispered "I love you, Ma". Minutes later, I noticed a small water in her eyes. I knew she heard me. After that, I cried so much. That's when I realized I won't be able to hear her voice anymore. It's been 6 years... I miss you, Ma. :(

8 years since my Papa passed away. One morning, I went to the hospital to deliver some medicine. My brother was assigned to look after him. I got to the hospital and Papa was sleeping. There were machines attached to his body. It was my first time to visit him. My brother was outside taking a nap. I didn't bother waking my brother up. So I asked the nurse if I could go near Papa and she allowed me. I left his medicine in the table, I looked at him and whispered that I have to go home *bec I dont want him to hear/see me crying*. When I got home, I saw my Mama, sisters and other brother crying. They told me that minutes after I got out of the room, Papa passed away. :(

7 comments:

  1. This breaks my heart. I hope you still remember the love your parents had for you always!! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really feel for you. It's so sad and strange to find yourself without parents at your age. They will still be with you forever, in some form or another. You are an enormously talented person and that is something they gave you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! I know it's weird for me to grow up without parents. I feel sad when I see someone my age hanging out with their parents still. But I can't do anything about it. I miss them so much. But I know I've given them enough care when they were sick and that thought alone makes me happy to know that they're happy. :)

    Thank you very much for the kind words!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are feeling better, *virtue hug*.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am :)

    Thank you! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh Debie, I'm so sorry to read this. I can't imagine what it must be like to lose your parents so young - and so close together too.

    Wow, my thoughts are with you.

    Big hug,
    Ronnie xo

    p.s. So glad you visited my blog which brought me to yours...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for being so thoughtful, Ronnie. I appreciate it so much!! :')

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...