June 4, 2012

Paper Lamp Post




When I look at this one side of my room, I feel there is something lacking. A photo, print or anything could fill the empty wall and the boring vibe it gives me. So I made something for it. A lamp post would do. 

I used papers, acrylic paint, scissors, ruler, glue and double-sided tape. Linkin Park's Minutes to Midnight album was on repeat. An actual lamp serves as an inspiration for my paper lamp post. I was supposed to be putting little stars but I ended up putting an interrobang (?!).

There's something about the interrobang in that lamp post. I just could not tell about it yet! 

It looks simple but I have plans for it. Maybe put some photos around it? I don't know but I am going to put something there soon. Also, I like the way where it is placed because at night, when I open my windows, the light from the lamp post outside touches the exact place where my paper lamp post is! 


It looks so cool. It actually looks like a shadow of a lamp post from outside. 

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! I love making little nooks of my home happy and pretty! I like the curly top of the lamp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That came out amazing! Wall decals are so fun, but I've never thought to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool idea, I can't believe you made that yourself! The wall looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to put a photo collage beside it. It would be more fun and there will be no more boring vibes! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...