May 26, 2012

Get to know yourself

The older I get, the more I realize that I just need a few people to be with me in this lifetime. Few people includes: siblings and some friends. I realized that I don't want people to know what is happening to me every second of the day. Funny because I was the kind who tweets a lot (e.g. I'm about to, I'm going to, etc). Seems like I am not the kind who sticks with a certain hobby or action for a long time. I hated how I am back then and I am sorry if I annoyed you with my updates.

Also, the older I get, the more I become sensitive in terms of giving trust to people. I had trust issues back then and I hated it so much including the people involved but I realized that those bad moments in my life molded me into a higher version of myself. The older I get, the more standards I put up for myself. It is kind of difficult though because it feels like I am overprotecting myself. The thing is, I don't want to be open anymore. Feels like I am always nice to people that I tell everything to them.

Not trying to sound like a snob but I really should be more careful in what I say and who I trust. It usually takes me years to say that I like and trust one's company.

I may change over the years and my standards may not be the same but for now this is what I want. I find peace when I personally deal with a smaller group of people.


2 comments:

  1. I know, the older I get, the more private I am and the less I want to share. You choose a few select people to trust and the rest of the people just seem nosy or gossipy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly my points. Good to know I am not alone in what I am going through. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...