April 19, 2012

Missed Connection: Cute guy wearing black shirt inside a not so well-lit jeepney

It was one of the rare days when I chill out with my course-mates in the mall. But the moment I met you was when we were on our way back to school -- in the jeepney. It was almost six in the evening and the jeepney's light inside is not working. The only source of light we got are from the outside - shops, headlights & city lamps. It was dim.

I was with three other people - Jaku, Creamie & Peter. Peter was wearing a black shirt and at that time I thought he was sitting next to me. I was sitting behind the driver. Creamie and Jaku were sitting on the opposite side. The jeepney stopped at the corner of the street where our school is located so we have to leave before the traffic light turns green. Jaku and Creamie left the jeepney. I thought Peter didn't notice we were leaving so I reached out to your legs and poked it repeatedly for 5 seconds or so.

I noticed that you were not moving and that your hands touched mine. I looked at you and shocked to know that you are not Peter. You're the guy who was sitting behind me, wearing black shirt, and about the same height and body structure just like Peter. Turns out that Peter was sitting five people away from me and that he was the first one to get out. People in the jeepney were staring at me and my friends, who left the jeepney already, were laughing at me. I was so shy that I never get to say sorry for touching your legs. 

When I left the jeepney, I saw you looking at me until you are out of sight.

So now, even if I know you wouldn't stumble upon this blog, I would like to say sorry. I'm sorry that I touched your legs and poked it repeatedly. I blame it on the jeepney's light that weren't working.

I wonder where you were going that night? I wonder if you shared that awful experience to your friends or maybe your girlfriend? Anyway, see you around! :)

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! It reminds me of this artist's blog http://missedconnectionsny.blogspot.com/ So many stories of potential. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled upon that blog a few years ago. I am inspired by it. Thank you :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...