January 10, 2012

The Buggles



"Video Killed The Radio Star" is one of the songs that reminds me of my childhood days. When I was younger, my brothers used to listen to NU 107 every day. NU 107 is the number one radio station that plays nothing but rock music (kind of sad when it has to disappear on-air). They played this song almost everyday. From then on, it was stuck in my head and it may stay forever.

Also, it reminds of me of MTV and MYX. You should know that aside from Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Disney Channel, MTV and MYX were one of my favorite channels on cable TV. My childhood was not only more of me playing with friends in school and outside our house but there were times when I am just at home watching TV all day long. I kind of miss the feeling of not worrying about anything. Aaahh, childhood! 

Anyway, this is the only song I like from The Buggles. I have listened to some of their songs though but this is just the best. 

For me, I think "Video Killed The Radio Star" means no matter how a song is badly written, as long as its music video is cool then it's good to go. Also, you don't have to have good voice as long as you look good. There may have a lot of meanings and interpretation of the song. In Wikipedia, it says "It celebrates the golden days of radio, describing a singer whose career is cut short by television." Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...