December 4, 2011

Stop caring about other's opinion of you

This entry turned out to be lengthy so I decided to put up a photo for it though I'm not sure if you'll get it but it seems that this very cute Tarsier seemed like not caring about me taking a picture of him/her. Which KIND OF speaks the whole thing in this entry. Again, kind of. :P

You don't really have to agree but sometimes we limit ourselves to ordinary things because we are too afraid of everyone talking about us when we start doing extraordinary things. Especially when we fail at it. We are too afraid to try. We want to do this but what if we fail? What would others say? What would their opinion be? Sure, people would say you can do it next time, you did your best, you need to try harder. Others would definitely say something bad about you like, why would you force yourself to do that when you know you really can't ... at all?

These things are inevitable. Most especially when you are trying to do the extraordinary.

All these things, good vibes and bad vibes, are natural. People always have an opinion about something -- most of the time, even things they don't know about. We are all the same. If we don't like something, we say it. If we do, we say it, too. Sometimes I am also part of the bad people who thinks passively when someone failed. Maybe because I know it is not good or it is just too good to be for someone, etcetera. I mean, I am not that harsh and I know how to balance my feelings (e.g anger and self-pity over someone). When someone failed and I know someone did his or her best, then maybe I shall give someone nice words but if I see someone failed and I know someone didn't take it seriously hence the failure then maybe I would say sad words over the situation. I do this to my very close friends because I know they would understand and they wouldn't take it as offense. Also, I do it to myself. [But in a different form like buying myself some lollipops or ice cream, perhaps. Sometimes, none.]

I always try my best at everything. Sometimes it isn't that obvious but I do work on it. So when I commit failure, I wonder what other people have to say. I have had failures over the years and I get nice words, uplifting words from people most of the time. I'd like to think they really believed in me. Those nice words are just to level-off sadness and thank you for those.

Failures are signs that you tried your best. That you believed in yourself that you can do it but something is lacking so you lose focus. But I am sure next time you could fill in what is lacking and you're good to go.

I don't deserve to give this advice for I am a girl who has commited failures a lot but I think from what I firmly believe: stop caring about other people's opinion of you. Those good type, embrace those and be thankful for they add that spirit of motivation in you. Those type that seems to hinder you from what you are doing, bitch slap those and walk away from them. They are distractions from what you are doing. If you do something, focus on it and convince the universe that you are worthy to get a prize. Whatever the result is, accept. Yet, acceptance is another story.

6 comments:

  1. I saved the first paragraph on my computer so I can re-read it when I feel the need. Really uplifting and I needed that so thanks :)

    -Arielle
    www.humblepievintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Arielle, Good to know that you like what I've written. Thank you, too, for taking time to read this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah yes, I fully agree, but this takes time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Hila! Yes, this takes time but things will be easy for you once you let go of those negativities one by one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The past and other people's opinions exist only in our imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Olga :) Yes, I agree. Sometimes we interpret their actions into something else. Most of the time, negative thoughts. But these things are easy to forget since we're not sure of what they really think. But it's up to you, really, if you will let those "imaginative thoughts" stay in your head. For me, I let go of those as fast as I could. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...