August 4, 2011

Blink 182's Neighborhoods: Up All Night



Eight years since Blink-182 released their last album, the pop-punkers are back with their first new song, "Up All Night," the lead single from their fall LP.
Frontman Mark Hoppus has said the band are expanding beyond their radio friendly punk sound for the album, and "Up All Night" kicks off with some experimental (well, for Blink-182) guitar riffage and a quasi-ska drum beat. The lyrics are fairly dark, too: Hoppus and DeLonge confess about the "demons that keep [them] up all night."

Blink 182 was one of the bands I listened to almost everyday back when pirated CDs and mixtapes were one of my collections from my friends back in high school. The bands I dig before were: Blink 182, Linkin Park, Simple Plan, Green Day, Incubus, Red Hot Chili Peppers and a lot more. I still listen to these bands but it's not like before. If only you knew how addicted I was to them, only my high school close friends would know! Hahaha!!

Anyway, this band has been missing in action for a couple of years. Last year, I heard they will be going back and produce another album but I wasn't very excited about it. I was like "ah, okay. cool." until when I heard their single Up All Night on YouTube! It sounded very different from what they used to sound and at first, I didn't like it. I listened to it over and over then I found myself unconsciously banging my head and that's when I exclaimed, "Very gooooooooood!!!" on the comment section. Hahaha!! I memorized the lyrics in just one day. :P

 

After a couple of days, I saw this video of Cobus Potgieter's drum cover of the song! What a hottie!!! P.S. I greet him good morning with kisses almost everyday on Twitter. Hahaha!!


This guy has his own way of playing the intro but it sounds good! I read so many negative comments about him playing the wrong intro, who cares? as long as it sounds good, no problem! You don't have to copy the original drummer's way of playing it! Way to go, Scott Eckel!! :)


Here's another drum cover of the awesome song by James! Superb!


I am a frustrated bass player. We have a bass guitar but I don't use it because it is too big for me hahaha!! This guy played it well! Good job, nglavin23! :)


This would be the best cover ever! Hahaha!! Surprisingly he made an acoustic cover of the song! How awesome is that?! I love you, Odi (whatever your name is!)!!! He even provided a download link for the song! Omg, you're the cutest! Hahaha

I can't wait to hear the rest of the songs for their new album Neighborhoods which will be released on September 27, 2011! Congratulations, Mark, Tom & Travis!!! You guys were part of my teenage life and you're part of my 20's now! Yay! hahaha!! :)

2 comments:

  1. same thing here, i'm also looking forward to it. nice choice of covers you've found.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...