April 9, 2011

For Mama & Papa Mix

Tomorrow will be Papa's 7th death anniversary. Mama's 5th death anniversary was last Tuesday. I decided to make a mixtape of their favorite songs or, at least, the songs they listened to. Mixed scenarios inside my head. Scenes that had happened 7 & 5 years ago. The things I did when I realized their gone. The people who were there to help us. The people who talked in front of my parents' friends telling them how amazing they were. I knew my parents were amazing. They did a lot for other people. Until now, after 7 years, I still get compliments from strangers, probably my parents' friends, on how good Mama and Papa were. They tell stories and I, on the other hand, create scenarios and imagine my parents' faces and get teary-eyed. I hope they know how much I miss them. As I type, I am listening to this mixtape and I can't help but cry.


Tracks:
1.) The Cascades - Rhythm Of The Falling Rain
2.) Petula Clark - Downtown
3.) Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
4.) Susan Fuentes - Usahay
5.) Engelbert Humperdink - Lonely Table Just For One
6.) Marie Osmond - Paper Roses
7.) Engelbert Humperdink -  The Last Waltz
8.) John Denver - Country Roads
9.) Simon & Garfunkel - Sound Of Silence
10.) The Cascades - The Last Leaf

PS: They say Mama & Papa are soul mates because Mama left us 5 days before Papa's 2nd death anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...